2007-09-27

Trackerd in ubuntu gutsy causes emacs to repond slowly when saving files

The slow repondence of emacs saving files is really conspicuious when trackerd(tracker's daemon) is running in the background. After I kill the trackerd with the command "killall -9 trackerd", emacs just acts so briskly.

I think the possible reason is that trackerd is watching the files I'm editing in emacs. Thus, when I try to save the files I've updated, tracerd tries to update its index, and thus takes the computing resources, lackness of which makes emacs to stop respond(In compiz fusion, emacs would just turn into gray and can't be operated).

I have not taken the time to view how this part of trackerd's code is written. and I've not tested trackerd and emacs on other versions of ubuntu or other distroes yet.

没有评论: