2006-12-13

It's really nice! Emacs 23在gnome下终于支持中文输入了。

After a cvs update this morning, I had a look at the changelog file src/Changelog.unicode and saw a new log:


2006-12-12 Kenichi Handa

* fontset.c (Finternal_char_font): Fix previous change.


In fact I've been always careing about changelogs about fonts except this time-_-. It's really a pity! I'll tell the reason later.

Then, I went to read papers. One or two hours later than that cvs update, I wanted to post something on the XWindow board at newsmth BBS. As a fanatical BBSer, I went to the Emacs board to see whether there would be something exciting(and I would go to LinuxApp and some other boards relevant with Linux and Free softwares). There! I saw that wonderful post which says that Emacs 23 finally supports Chinese inputing under gnome, even with the --enable-font-backend option.

So, I hurried to my terminal and compiled emacs again. Yes, that's it! I can input Chinese using fcitx now:-).

But, I'm not so sure what on earth are the changes that finally make Chinese inputing method work in Emacs 23 with --enable-font-backend.

PS: --enable-font-backend makes fonts much more pretty and smoother.

没有评论: